September 9, 2011

1st Day of Preschool

 Noah is getting so big! This amazing kid is constantly reminding me how fast time flies by. He is going to be 3 years old in just a couple weeks, YIKES! This September he started preschool at Pierside Preschool. It is the new name for the old Early Childhood Developmental Center at FCCHB, our home church. We love the new school. It is beautiful, creative, full of fun and exciting things to do, learn and play with and it is so encouraging to see how committed the teachers are to fostering independence, spiritual growth and creativity. Exactly what we want for our children!


 The first day of school was a BIG deal. Noah has been preparing for this day for a long time. Its been three months now that he has been talking about preschool, waking up and asking if today is the day he gets to meet his teacher, and picking out which of his three backpacks he would bring. 
He decided to take his firedog backpack that a good friend gave him for his 1st birthday.

We had quite the showing for his first day. 
Nana was there, Aunti B and Hunter came to see him off along with Daddy and I.


Noah and Hunter. 
Look at Noah's sweet little smirk and Hunter's adorable dress!


 Thumbs up for a fabulous first day!

I will admit, I was nervous for Noah. I struggled for a long time about where to send him to preschool, and also whether to send him or homeschool him. After visiting many schools, reading all over the internet, looking into different programs and talking with Eric, we decided not only was sending him to school the right decision for us (including him) but that Pierside was the best fit for him. After meeting Mrs. Newton a week before class started, it was imidiately clear we made the right choice. Noah loves it! He loves the kids, he loves his teacher and she loves him too! Every day Noah comes home telling me all the new things he learned. The first day he had an accident while playing (nothing a dry pair of shorts couldn't fix). At first I was worried he was sad or acting out, or angry, but very quickly I realized he was having so much fun he couldn't stop to go potty. That was the only time so far he had an accident, though I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again. 

My heart misses him for the short three hours he is gone. I love my big boy. I don't want to be separated, even for that short time. Though, I know it is such a great lesson for us all. He needs to learn some VERY SMALL steps of independance, learning and listening from another authority figure, playing and sharing with other children, structure, schedules, and some creative crafts that I am not so good at doing at home. I am trying though!  I am sure I will have many posts in the future featuring his creative masterpieces! 
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment