Mom In Cooking Mode
I kinda think these are a mix between a fruit/nut bar and a cookie. If you want bread-like or doughy cookies these aren't the recipe for you. On the other hand if you want healthy, satisfying and sweet, these are a treat you will become addicted too.
1 cup almond flour (I often use 1/2 cup each almond flour and meal)
1/4 cup coconut flower
½ cup unsweetened coconut
½ cup steel cut oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder (optional, they can be done without)
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla
¼ cup raw honey
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup coconut oil
1 mashed very ripe banana
2 eggs, room temp
½ cup each cranberries and raisins
¼ cup chopped dates
½ cup chopped walnuts or almonds
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional, I'm just a chocoholic!) - I bet unsweetened cocoa powder would be good too! Hmmm...ideas!
- Preheat oven 325 degrees
- Mix flour, coconut, oats, baking soda, salt cinnamon.
- Heat coconut oil and add to dry ingredients, stir
- Mix eggs, honey, applesauce, mashed banana’s and vanilla, add to dry ingredients, Mix.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Roll into small balls, bake for 12-15 mins, until browned. They fall apart easily so if you make them small, they are easier to store and won't fall apart as easily.