January 6, 2011

Margarita Chicken

Mom In Cooking Mode

Margarita Crock-Pot Chicken


Ingredients: *you can half the recipe
--6-8 Organic Chicken Breasts (Mine were frozen)
--3-4 minced garlic cloves
--1/2 cup dijon mustard
--1/2 cup honey
--2 T soy sauce (check ingredients to ensure its healthy!)
--Juice from one lemon (or Lime)
--Zest from lemon or lime
*you will quickly learn, I ALWAYS add veggies. Even when it sounds weird or gross...my family eats veggies as often as I can get them too. SO, I added some onion, khale and one green bellpepper.
Throw it all in a crock-pot and let it cook for 7-8hrs on low. Serve over brown rice or Cauliflower Couscous if you dare! Also really yummy with a side of Broccoli which soaks up some of the delicious sauce.

1 comment:

  1. Next time I will use the entire bunch of kale because it was incredible in the delicious sauce!

    ReplyDelete