September 3, 2010

37 week Adventures and Appt

Sunday August 29th
With the help of her mother-in-law and friend Catherine, I threw a PINK baby shower for my very good friend Jodie and her soon to arrive daughter Harper. It was such a fun day, the sun was shining, Jodie was glowing, and everything turned out perfect. I am so thankful to have Jodie as a friend, a friend I consider more like a sister, and to be raising the same age children along with her. I love you Jodie and can't wait to meet your little girl! For more about the shower and photos, see Jodie's blog.

Monday was a HUGE rest day for me. After just getting off bed rest and throwing a baby shower, I did my best to lay around and relax. At least I did my best...you all know me.

Tuesday was a BEACH DAY! Oh how we love the beach, the sun and the water! We went to a beach off 2nd Street in Long Beach for a few hours. Eric came and ran Noah while I soaked up the sun. Sorry, no big, fat, pregnant, bathing suit photos to post. I know you all are sad about that. Ha ha!

Here is what Noah looks like when I ask him to "say cheese"

Here is what his girlfriend Sofia looks like when I ask her to "say cheese"
This little lady is so stinking adorable!

Then we had a dinner with the entire family. The 10.5 of us (can you believe that is how big my family has grown over the last couple years?) went to Baci for an Italian dinner and send off for my brother and sister-in-law as they left for Italy the next day. During dinner the conversation revolved around what would be the best day for everyone for Dean to come. As if we have any say. After dinner Noah had some fun with the chocolate from the canoli. Noah was putting the chocolate covered spoon all over his face, it was really funny because when we walked him over to the mirror, he looked at his face and started crying. Poor guy had no idea what he was doing.


Dr. Says:
Thursday was my 37 week check up. Baby Dean measured 37.5cm, I finally put on another pound to a grand total of 15.5lbs. His heart rate was exactly the same as every week 140, and then for the good stuff...
I am 1.5cm dilated, 70% effaced, and while she swiped my membranes she made it very clear that she could feel the bones of Dean's head and that he was sitting very low. 
(without going into detail on our blog...I COULD HAVE TOLD HER THAT!)

Thursday night I slept horrible becuase I had a contraction about every 20 minutes the entire night. 

So here we are on Friday, September 3rd. Not sure when Dean will be making his big debut, but other STUFF is happening and I am getting the feeling we will be posting about his arrival next week.

Please be praying for some last nights of sleep for me!

1 comment:

  1. Love you friend! Hope baby Dean will make his way out soon!

    ReplyDelete