April 22, 2011

Good Friday


Good Friday must be the most solemn day in the Christian calendar. A day full of suffering, torture and pain also was the day of my freedom, the day that my sins were forever forgiven and a day of HOPE. 

"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace" Eph. 1:7


This week Noah began saying his own prayers. Friday we took some time to talk about Good Friday and Easter. Noah doesn't understand much about it at his age, but he does soak a little in. Friday night his prayer went as follows:

"God thank you for Daddy, Mommy, Buddy Buddy, Nana, Pop-pop, De De, A B, Jared, Isaac, Porter, Niiiiiiiiiic, Movie Blue Bird Jewel, safe me, I happy, Buddy Dean Happy, no more sins me, I Yuv You AMEN, and sad cross you dead on, thank you, I Yuv You, AMEN!"

I Cried

1 comment:

  1. I'm wiping my teary eyes. What an amazing prayer to be said on good Friday. If anyone thinks a two and a half year old doesn't get it, they're wrong. He may not understand completely the importance of prayer, but they don't understand why we sing songs or the ABC's and we start that at a young age too. He is learning and that is all you can hope for! You guys are wonderful parents and what an amazing son you have! I like how he is thankful for me;)
    Love AB

    ReplyDelete